Massage is one of the oldest and most commonly used forms of healthcare. It has been proven beneficial for both mind and body, and it’s a great way to relax and rejuvenate yourself. There are many different types of massage, but the most common are Swedish and deep tissue.
This article will provide five simple steps to massage your partner at home. These steps will allow you to give your partner the Gift of Massage quickly and straightforwardly.
Choose the Right Massage Oil
Some of the most common types of massage oils include:
Creams: Creamy massage oils are ideal for dry skin because they are rich in moisturizers. They are also good choices for people who have sensitivities to certain chemicals or fragrances.
Butter: Buttery massage oils are great for people with oily skin because they absorb quickly into the skin and provide a deep sense of relaxation. However, buttery massage oils can be difficult to wash off, so be prepared to shower afterward!
Grease: If your partner prefers a more intense massage, choose an oil with a high linoleic acid content (aka “grease”). These oils work well as lubricants but can be challenging to wash off once the massage is over.
Gently Rub Your Partner’s Body
realmassage.net wanted to give your partner a relaxing massage but didn’t have the time or inclination to head to a spa, you can take plenty of simple steps at home. Here’s how:
- Gently stretch your partner’s body before beginning the massage. It will help open up the muscles and reduce potential tension headaches.
- Apply cold or warm cream (or oil) to your hands and massage your partner’s body in a circular motion. Be sure to focus on the critical areas of muscle tension, such as the shoulders, neck, back, and hips.
- If desired, add aromatherapy oils or candles to the massage session for relaxation. Just be sure not to overdo it. Too much-scented oil can make your partner smell like a candy store!
Understand the Anatomy of the Body
You must know their body shape and size to massage someone else. Some basic techniques for massaging any area of the body are as follows:
- Start by gently rubbing your hands together to warm them up.
- Place your palms on either side of the person’s head and gently pull their hair away from their face so you can see their eyes.
- Next, place your hands around the person’s waist and slowly move them towards the front or back of their body. Apply pressure in a circular motion using both hands, being careful not to apply too much pressure in one spot as this could cause pain.
- Finally comes the tricky bit; working on specific areas! Refer to the table below for help with specific areas:
Choose the Right Massage Technique
There are a variety of massage techniques available, but some of the most common are Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, and aromatherapy massage. Each has its benefits and drawbacks, so it’s essential to choose the right one for your needs.
- Swedish massage is ideal for general relaxation and stress relief. It’s also beneficial for reducing inflammation and improving circulation.
- Deep tissue massage is effective at relieving pain and tension in the muscles. It’s also beneficial for treating arthritis and chronic back pain.
- Aromatherapy massage uses scents to promote relaxation and stress relief. The most common aromas are lavender, chamomile, rosemary, mint, and eucalyptus.
Finish with a Hand massage
Much like taking a hot bath or shower, massage is another form of self-care that can help you relax and de-stress. Here are a few simple steps to give your partner a relaxing hand massage at home:
- Make sure the bed is clean and free of any clutter.
- Get your partner comfortable on the bed by placing pillows under their head and behind their back.
- Start by massaging the hands and wrists with gentle circular motions. Work up to the arms and shoulders, using strong strokes when necessary.
- After massaging each arm, move down to the hands and repeat the process until both partners are satisfied.
Massaging your partner at home can be a perfect way to add a little extra touch of intimacy and relaxation to your relationship. Not only is it a great way to relieve tension and pain, but it’s also a very intimate act that can boost the mood of both partners. Whether you are new to massage or have been practicing for years, these five simple steps will help you get started. Thanks for reading!